I've finally managed to download ubuntu packages from windows without worrying about unsatisfied dependencies.
Today I woke up with one aim: download eclipse. But the problem is that eclipse comes with a host of dependencies, so looking over them in Synpatic, I saw this link that says "Generate downlaod script"
1. Mark the required package for installation
2. Generate a download script and remove the first line that says "#!/bin/sh"
3. Download wget for windows from http://users.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget/#download
4. Add the ".bat" extension to the script you generated
5. On a windows machine, double click on the script and watch it as it works its way through the packages.
wget, Linux, Ubuntu, Synaptic, these things are cool!